Parents | Packing List
What to bring to CCWNY
The best thing to remember about camp is that it is outside! Days are generally warm or even hot, but evenings and early mornings are cool. We spend lots of time in the woods, so legs and feet need proper protection. You will need to be prepared for a variety of outdoor activities. The following is a list of suggested clothing and other articles to bring. Use this checklist as you pack. Please label everything with your camper's first and last name.
Please make sure your name is on all of your belongings!
- jeans/pants (3 or more pair!)
- toiletries (in a bucket)
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- plastic/metal cup
- socks (at least 7 pairs)
- jacket & raincoat
- bug spray
- 2 pr.sneakers or closed shoes
- bathing suit & swim towel
- pens, pencils
- envelopes/postcards addressed to home (stamps, too)
- flip-flops or sandals (for the shower or the pool only)
- bedroll (sleeping bag or sheets and blankets and a pillow)
- fishing pole and tackle*
*optional; no need to purchase
Required items for horseback riding lessons (and horse camp):
- a pair of boots or shoes with 1-inch heels
- at least 2 pairs of DENIM jeans
What NOT to bring:
- Cell phones/iPods/other electronic devices – all such items will be held by the director until the end of the week!
- Gum/candy/food (it attracts critters into the cabins).You can buy snacks at the Tuck Shop!
Important Items to Bring to Camp
- Completed Parent Handbook
- Prescription medication (in original containers, marked for nurse)
- Spending money (to be kept on account at Tuck Shop)